Smriti Mandhana Biography (Age, Cricketer, Husband, Biography, Boyfriend, Height, Career, Century, Caste, Crush, Highest Score, Test)
Smriti Mandhana Biography: Smriti Mandhana is a talented Indian cricketer who is known for her explosive batting skills and graceful stroke play. She was born on July 18, 1996, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Mandhana started playing cricket at a young age and quickly made a name for herself as a promising young talent. In this biography, we will take a closer look at her life and career.
Smriti Mandhana Wiki Biography Details
|Real Name||Smriti Shrinivas Mandhana|
|Popular for||Indian Women Cricketer|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1996|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Madhav Nagar, Sangli, Maharashtra|
|Current Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
Early Life and Family:
Smriti Mandhana is a prominent Indian cricketer who has made a name for herself in the world of cricket. Born on July 18, 1996, in Mumbai, India, Mandhana spent most of her childhood in Sangli, Maharashtra. She comes from a middle-class family with strong values and beliefs.
Mandhana’s father, Shrinivas Mandhana, is a chemical distributor, and her mother, Smita Mandhana, is a teacher. Her elder brother, Shravan Mandhana, was also a cricketer, and it was through him that Mandhana developed a love for the sport. She would often accompany her brother to the local cricket ground and watch him play. Eventually, she started playing with the boys in her locality and even managed to hold her own against them.
Mandhana’s parents were supportive of her interest in cricket, and they encouraged her to pursue her passion. They enrolled her in a local cricket academy, where she received formal training and began to hone her skills. Mandhana quickly proved to be a natural talent, and her coaches took notice of her potential.
During her school years, Mandhana was a studious child and excelled academically. She attended Holy Convent High School in Sangli, where she completed her secondary education. After completing her schooling, she enrolled in the Indian Institute of Technology, Sangli, where she pursued a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Throughout her studies, Mandhana continued to play cricket and was a regular member of the Maharashtra women’s cricket team. She represented the state at various age-group levels and made her debut for the senior team at the age of 16.
Mandhana’s breakthrough came in 2013 when she made her debut for the Indian women’s cricket team in a One-Day International (ODI) match against Bangladesh. She was just 16 at the time and became one of the youngest players to represent India in women’s cricket. Mandhana made an immediate impact, scoring 50 runs in her debut match, which helped India win the game.
Since then, Mandhana has gone from strength to strength and has become one of the most prominent players in women’s cricket. She is known for her elegant stroke play and aggressive approach to batting. In 2018, Mandhana became the first Indian woman cricketer to score a century in the Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20I) format.
Mandhana has won numerous accolades for her performances, both at the domestic and international levels. She was named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year in 2018 and has also been awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award by the Government of India.
In conclusion, Smriti Mandhana’s early life and family played an important role in shaping her career as a cricketer. Her parents’ support and encouragement, along with her brother’s love for the sport, helped her develop her skills and pursue her passion. Despite her academic achievements, Mandhana’s passion for cricket never waned, and she continued to play and excel in the sport. Today, she is a role model for aspiring young cricketers, both in India and around the world.
Read: MS Dhoni Biography
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Age||25 years (in 2022)|
|Height||Centimeters: 163 cm|
Meter: 1.63 m
In Feet Inches: 5’4″ inch
|Weight in kilogram||55 kg|
|Weight in pounds||121 lbs|
Smriti Mandhana Family Members & Their Relationship
|Parents||Father: Shriniwas Mandhana|
Mother: Smita Mandhana
Brother: Shravan Mandhana (elder)
|Husband & Spouse||Not Known|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Boyfriend & Affairs With||Not Known|
Smriti Mandhana completed her schooling at the Sangli-based Indian public school. After that, she graduated from Chintaman College of Commerce with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Early Cricketing Career:
Smriti Mandhana made her debut for the Indian Women’s cricket team at the age of 16. She played her first international match against Bangladesh in April 2013. In the same year, she was selected to play for the Indian team in the ICC Women’s World Cup. However, her performance in the tournament was not up to the mark, and she was dropped from the team.
Mandhana bounced back and continued to impress in domestic cricket, scoring runs at an impressive rate. She made her comeback to the national team in 2014 and scored her maiden ODI century against Australia in the same year.
Read: Harleen Deol Wiki, Biography
Rise to Stardom:
Smriti Mandhana’s breakthrough year came in 2016, where she scored two back-to-back centuries in the Women’s T20 Asia Cup. Her performances in the tournament caught the attention of the cricketing world, and she was soon recognized as one of the most promising young talents in the game.
In the same year, she became the first Indian woman to score a double century in a one-day match when she scored an unbeaten 224 off just 150 balls for Maharashtra against Gujarat. Her innings included 24 boundaries and six sixes.
In 2017, Mandhana became the second Indian woman to score a century in the Women’s World Cup. She scored 106 against West Indies in a league match.
In 2018, she became the first Indian woman to play in the Kia Super League in England, representing Western Storm. She finished the tournament as the second-highest run-scorer, with 421 runs in nine matches.
Mandhana continued to impress in the T20 format and was named the Player of the Series in the Women’s T20 Challenge in 2018. She also played a crucial role in India’s run to the semi-finals in the 2018 Women’s World T20.
In 2019, she was named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year and the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year. She was the only Indian to receive the two prestigious awards.
In January 2019, Smriti Mandhana was appointed as the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team for the three-match ODI series against New Zealand. She became the second-youngest captain for India after Mithali Raj.
Smriti Mandhana is known for her love of music and is a big fan of Ed Sheeran. She is also a keen reader and enjoys reading books in her free time.
Mandhana has been vocal about her support for women’s cricket and has called for more investment and infrastructure to be developed to support the game in India.
Smriti Mandhana Cricket Career
Smriti Mandhana is an Indian cricketer who made her international debut in 2013 at the age of 16. She is a left-handed opening batswoman and has been a regular member of the Indian women’s cricket team since her debut. Here are some highlights of her career:
- In 2016, Mandhana became the first Indian woman to score a double century in a one-day game when she scored an unbeaten 200 off 157 balls against South Africa.
- Mandhana was named the Player of the Series in India’s 2018 ODI series against South Africa after scoring 219 runs in the three-match series, including a century and a fifty.
- In the same year, she was also named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year and the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year.
- In the 2018 Women’s T20 Challenge, Mandhana scored a quickfire 61 off just 41 balls to help her team, Trailblazers, to victory in the final.
- Mandhana was named the Player of the Tournament in the 2018 Women’s World T20 after scoring 178 runs in five matches at an average of 35.60.
- In 2019, Mandhana became the second-fastest Indian woman to score 2,000 runs in ODIs, achieving the feat in just 51 innings.
- Mandhana has also played for Brisbane Heat in the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) and Western Storm in the Women’s Cricket Super League (WCSL).
Overall, Smriti Mandhana is considered to be one of the best batters in the women’s game today and is known for her aggressive stroke-play and ability to score quickly.
Read: Shafali Verma Wiki, Biography
Smriti Mandhana’s domestic cricket career
Smriti Mandhana has had a successful domestic cricket career in India, representing Maharashtra and later moving to the state of Gujarat.
She made her debut for Maharashtra in the 2013-14 season of the Senior Women’s One Day Trophy and scored a century in her second match. In the same season, she also made her debut in the Senior Women’s Twenty20 competition.
In the 2014-15 season, Mandhana was the top run-scorer for Maharashtra in both the One Day and Twenty20 competitions, scoring 452 and 224 runs respectively.
In 2015, Mandhana moved to Gujarat and represented them in the domestic circuit. In her first season with the team, she scored 224 runs in the Senior Women’s One Day Trophy and helped Gujarat reach the semi-finals of the tournament.
Mandhana’s performance continued to improve in the following seasons. In the 2016-17 season, she scored 419 runs in the Senior Women’s One Day Trophy, including a century and two fifties, and was the second-highest run-scorer in the tournament. In the same season, she also scored 224 runs in the Senior Women’s Twenty20 competition.
In the 2017-18 season, Mandhana was in great form and scored 531 runs in the Senior Women’s One Day Trophy, including two centuries and two fifties. She was the highest run-scorer in the tournament and helped Gujarat reach the quarter-finals.
Some interesting things related to Smriti Mandhana cricket career
Smriti Mandhana is a prominent Indian cricketer who has achieved several notable feats throughout her career. Here are some interesting things related to her cricket career:
- Smriti Mandhana made her international debut for India at the age of 16, becoming one of the youngest players to represent India in women’s cricket.
- In 2018, she became the first Indian woman cricketer to score a century in a Women’s Cricket Super League match, playing for the Western Storm team.
- She was named the International Women’s Cricketer of the Year at the BCCI Awards in 2018, becoming the second Indian woman to win the award after Mithali Raj.
- Smriti Mandhana holds the record for the fastest fifty by an Indian woman cricketer in a T20I match, which she achieved in just 25 balls against England in 2019.
- In the 2019 Women’s Cricket World Cup, she scored 196 runs in four matches, including two half-centuries.
- Smriti Mandhana is known for her attacking batting style and has been compared to the likes of Kumar Sangakkara and Adam Gilchrist.
- She was named as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 2019, becoming only the second Indian woman cricketer to receive the honour after Mithali Raj.
- Smriti Mandhana has also been involved in various initiatives to promote women’s cricket in India and encourage young girls to take up the sport.
These are just a few interesting things related to Smriti Mandhana’s cricket career. She is undoubtedly one of the most talented and accomplished women cricketers in the world, and her contributions to the sport have helped raise its profile and inspire future generations of women cricketers.
Honors and Awards to Smriti Mandhana
Smriti Mandhana has received several honors and awards throughout her career in recognition of her achievements in cricket. Here are some of the notable honors and awards she has received:
- Arjuna Award: Smriti Mandhana was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2018, which is a prestigious national sports award given by the Government of India to recognize outstanding achievement in sports.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year: In 2019, Smriti Mandhana was named as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year, becoming only the second Indian woman cricketer to receive this honor after Mithali Raj.
- Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award: Smriti Mandhana was awarded the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year in 2018, which is the highest individual award in women’s cricket.
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: Smriti Mandhana was named the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year (Women) in 2019.
- BCCI Awards: Smriti Mandhana has been a recipient of multiple awards at the annual BCCI Awards. In 2018, she was awarded the International Women’s Cricketer of the Year award, and in 2019, she was awarded the Best International Cricketer (Women) award.
- Women’s Cricket Super League Player of the Tournament: Smriti Mandhana was named the Women’s Cricket Super League Player of the Tournament in 2018, when she played for the Western Storm team.
These are some of the honors and awards that Smriti Mandhana has received for her cricketing achievements. She is widely regarded as one of the best women cricketers in the world and has been instrumental in promoting women’s cricket in India and inspiring young girls to take up the sport.
- Harmanpreet Kaur Biography
- MS Dhoni Biography
- E Shram Card Download PDF
- Jhulan Goswami Wiki, Biography
- Nirmala Sitharaman Biography
- Avani Chaturvedi Biography