(Cricketer Shafali Verma Biography) (Records, Career, Style, Age)
Shafali Verma Biography: Shafali Verma is a young and talented Indian cricketer who has taken the cricketing world by storm with her fearless batting style and aggressive approach to the game. In this biography, we will delve into the life and career of Shafali Verma, from her early years to her current position as one of the most promising cricketers in the world.
Early Life and Family Background
From a young age, Shafali showed a keen interest in sports and was always involved in outdoor activities. She was introduced to cricket by her father, who recognized her talent and passion for the sport. Shafali started playing cricket at the age of 8, and her father was her first coach.
Shafali Verma was born on January 28, 2004, in Rohtak, Haryana, India. Her father, Sanjeev Verma, is a businessman, while her mother, Parveen Verma, is a homemaker. Shafali has two elder sisters, one of whom is a doctor, and the other is an engineer.
Shafali Verma Family
Shafali comes from a family of cricketers. Her father and brother both play cricket, and her father used to take her to the cricket ground when she was young. Shafali started playing cricket with her brother and father, and she showed great talent and passion for the game at a young age. Her family has been very supportive of her cricketing career, and they continue to encourage her to pursue her dreams.
Shafali Verma was born on January 28, 2004, in Rohtak, Haryana, India. Her father’s name is Sanjeev Verma and her mother’s name is Parveen Verma. She has one brother, Sahil Verma. Shafali’s father is a businessman and her mother is a homemaker.
Read: MS Dhoni Biography
Early Cricket Career
Shafali’s first exposure to competitive cricket was in local tournaments in Rohtak. She quickly gained recognition for her exceptional batting skills and was soon selected to represent the Haryana state team in the U-16 category.
Shafali’s breakthrough moment came when she was just 15 years old, in 2019, when she was selected to play for the Indian women’s cricket team. She made her debut in a T20I match against South Africa in September 2019, becoming the youngest Indian cricketer to play an international match in any format.
Despite her young age, Shafali showed no signs of nervousness and immediately made an impact with her aggressive batting style. She scored a quickfire 46 runs in her debut match, which included eight fours and a six.
Shafali Verma Biodata
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Husband Name||Not Known|
|Age||18 years old|
|Height||centimeters- 162 cmmeters- 1.62 mFeet Inches- 5.4|
|Weight||In Kilograms- 50 kgIn Pounds- 110 lbs|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 2004|
|Birth Place||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|School Name||Mandeep Senior Secondary School, Rohtak, Haryana|
|College Name||Not Known|
|Father Name||Sanjeev Verma|
|Mother Name||Praveen Bala|
|Sibling Name||Sahil Verma|
|Source Of Income||Professional Indian Cricketer|
|Net Worth||50 million US Doller|
Read: Smriti Mandhana Wiki Biography
Rise to Prominence
Shafali’s fearless batting style and aggressive approach to the game quickly made her a fan favorite. Her performances in the following matches were equally impressive, and she soon became a regular member of the Indian women’s cricket team.
Shafali’s breakthrough moment came in the 2020 Women’s T20 World Cup, which was held in Australia. She was the youngest player in the tournament, but her performances were nothing short of exceptional. In the first match of the tournament, against Australia, Shafali smashed 29 runs off just 15 balls, which included five fours.
In the next match, against Bangladesh, Shafali scored her maiden half-century in T20Is, scoring 39 runs off just 17 balls. She continued her impressive form in the next matches and ended the tournament as the top run-scorer for India, with 163 runs in five matches.
Shafali’s performances in the tournament earned her widespread praise and recognition. She was named the Player of the Series for India and was also included in the ICC Women’s T20I Team of the Year.
|Net Worth||1 Million US Doller|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||5 Crores|
|Personal Properties||Not Known|
Playing Style and Technique
Shafali is known for her aggressive and fearless batting style. She is a natural stroke-maker and has the ability to hit the ball hard and long. She is particularly strong against fast bowling and has the ability to take on the best bowlers in the world.
One of the hallmarks of Shafali’s batting technique is her footwork. She has a unique style of moving her front foot across the stumps, which allows her to get into a good position to play her shots. She also has a strong bottom hand grip, which enables her to hit the ball with power.
Shafali’s aggressive approach to the game is not limited to her batting. She is a dynamic fielder and is known for her quick reflexes and agility
Read: Jemimah Rodrigues Wiki Biography
|Height||Centimeters: Not known|
Meters: Not known
Feet Inches: Not known
|Weight||In KG: Not known|
In Pound: Not known
Shafali Verma Domestic Cricket Career
Shafali Verma is a young Indian cricketer who has made a big impact on the world stage with her explosive batting. She started playing domestic cricket for Haryana in 2019 and has since established herself as a key player in the team.
In her debut season in the senior domestic circuit, Verma scored 208 runs in five matches at an average of 41.60 with a highest score of 89. She followed that up with an even more impressive performance in the 2019-20 season, scoring 587 runs in nine matches at an average of 73.37, including two centuries and three half-centuries.
Her performances in the domestic circuit earned her a call-up to the Indian national team, and she made her debut in September 2019 against South Africa. Verma has since become a regular member of the Indian team in all formats of the game, and her attacking style of batting has made her a fan favorite.
Some interesting things related to Shafali Verma cricket career
- Shafali Verma was just 15 years old when she made her debut for India in September 2019. She is the youngest Indian woman cricketer to have played for the national team.
- Verma’s aggressive batting style has earned her comparisons with legendary Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag. She has also been dubbed the “Tendulkar of women’s cricket” by some media outlets.
- In her debut match against South Africa, Verma scored 46 runs off just 33 balls. She hit 5 fours and 2 sixes in her innings.
- Verma holds the record for the highest individual score by an Indian woman cricketer in T20 Internationals. She scored 73 runs off just 49 balls against West Indies in November 2019.
- In March 2021, Verma became the youngest Indian cricketer (male or female) to play in a World Cup final. She was just 16 years and 40 days old at the time.
- Verma was signed up by the Birmingham Phoenix franchise for the inaugural season of The Hundred, a new 100-ball cricket tournament in England, in 2021. She was the only Indian player to feature in the tournament.
- In January 2022, Verma became the fastest woman to score 1,000 runs in T20 Internationals. She achieved the feat in just 25 innings, breaking the previous record held by New Zealand’s Suzie Bates (29 innings).
Honors and Awards to Shafali Verma
Shafali Verma has received several honors and awards for her performance in cricket. Here are some of her notable achievements:
- She was named the Player of the Series in her debut T20I series against South Africa in September 2019.
- In November 2019, she became the youngest Indian player (male or female) to score an international half-century when she scored 73 off 49 balls against the West Indies in a T20I match.
- In March 2021, she was named the Player of the Series in a T20I series against South Africa after scoring 130 runs in three matches.
- In May 2021, she was named in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Women’s ODI team of the year for the year 2020.
- In August 2021, she was named the Player of the Series in a T20I series against England after scoring 148 runs in three matches.
- In October 2021, she was named in the ICC Women’s T20I team of the year for the year 2021.
These are just some of the many honors and awards that Shafali Verma has received in her young career. She is considered one of the most promising young talents in women’s cricket and is expected to achieve even greater success in the future.
When was Shafali Verma born?
Shafali Verma was born on January 28, 2004.
What age did Shafali Verma debut?
Shafali Verma made her international debut in cricket at the age of 15. She made her debut for the Indian women’s cricket team in a T20 International match against South Africa on 24 September 2019. At the time, she became the youngest Indian cricketer to debut in an international T20 match.
Smriti Mandhana Wiki Biography
Harmanpreet Kaur Wiki Biography