Harleen Deol Biography: Harleen Deol is an Indian cricketer who represents the Indian women’s cricket team. Born on June 21, 1998, in Chandigarh, India, Harleen Deol is a top-order batter and a right-arm off-break bowler. Harleen Deol has been a prominent player in the Indian domestic circuit and made her debut for the Indian women’s cricket team in 2019. In this blog post, we will discuss the biography of Harleen Deol.
Harleen Deol Early Life and Education:
Harleen Deol was born and brought up in Chandigarh, India. She was born into a family that was interested in sports, and her father was a former cricketer who played at the domestic level. Harleen Deol grew up playing cricket with her siblings, and she was encouraged to pursue cricket as a career by her father.
Harleen Deol completed her schooling from St. Anne’s Convent School in Chandigarh, and she was a bright student who excelled in academics. After completing her schooling, Harleen Deol enrolled in Panjab University in Chandigarh, where she pursued a degree in Bachelor of Arts.
Read: Harmanpreet Kaur Wiki, Biography
Harleen Deol Biodata
|Real Name||Harleen Deol|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1998|
|Caste||yet to uploaded|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, dancing|
Harleen Deol Educational Qualification
|School||Yadvindra Public School, Mohali|
|College/University||MCM DAV College, Chandigarh|
Harleen Deol Career in Cricket:
Harleen Deol started playing cricket at a young age and was a part of the Chandigarh U-19 team. In 2017, she was selected for the Indian U-19 team and represented the country in the Asia Cup held in Malaysia. Harleen Deol was the leading run-scorer for India in the tournament and was instrumental in the team’s success.
Harleen Deol made her debut for the Punjab Women’s cricket team in 2016 and played a crucial role in the team’s success. She was the leading run-scorer for Punjab in the 2017-18 season and helped the team reach the quarterfinals of the Senior Women’s One Day Trophy.
Harleen Deol was then picked by the Trailblazers team for the Women’s T20 Challenge held in 2018. She played a crucial role in the team’s success and was one of the standout performers of the tournament. Harleen Deol was praised for her aggressive batting and her ability to play big shots.
In 2019, Harleen Deol was picked for the Indian women’s cricket team for the T20 series against South Africa. She made her debut in the second T20 match of the series and impressed everyone with her performance. Harleen Deol scored an unbeaten 26 off 28 balls and also took a brilliant catch in the outfield.
In the same year, Harleen Deol was picked for the Indian team for the Women’s T20 World Cup held in Australia. She was a part of the Indian squad that reached the final of the tournament, and she played a crucial role in the team’s success. Harleen Deol scored 49 runs in the tournament and was praised for her aggressive batting and her ability to take the attack to the opposition.
In 2021, Harleen Deol was picked for the Indian team for the tour of England. She was a part of the Indian squad that played a one-off Test match against England, and she impressed everyone with her performance. Harleen Deol scored 29 runs in the match and also took a brilliant catch in the outfield.
Read : MS Dhoni Biography
Here are some key points about Harleen Deol’s cricket career:
- Harleen Deol is an Indian cricketer who was born on 21st June 1998 in Punjab, India.
- She is a right-handed batter and an off-spinner.
- Harleen made her international debut for India in September 2019 in a T20I against South Africa.
- She made her ODI debut for India in March 2021 against South Africa.
- Harleen plays for the Punjab state team in domestic cricket and has been a regular member of the team since 2016.
- In the 2018-19 domestic season, she was the second-highest run-scorer for Punjab in the senior women’s one-day trophy with 291 runs in six matches.
- In June 2019, she was selected to represent India A team in their tour to the West Indies.
- Harleen’s most notable performance came in a T20I match against England in July 2021, where she took a stunning catch on the boundary line to dismiss Amy Jones and became the first Indian woman to take a catch while diving over the boundary rope.
- In the same match, she scored an unbeaten 24 off 24 balls to help India win the match and was awarded the Player of the Match.
- As of the knowledge cutoff date (September 2021), Harleen Deol has played 6 T20Is and 2 ODIs for India, scoring 55 runs in T20Is and 1 run in ODIs. She has also taken 1 wicket in T20Is.
Harleen Deol Personal Life:
Harleen Deol is a private person and likes to keep her personal life away from the limelight. She is focused on her cricketing career and is determined to achieve greater heights in the sport. Harleen Deol’s father has been her biggest inspiration and has played a crucial role in her success.
Harleen Deol is a fitness enthusiast and believes in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. She spends a lot of time in the gym and follows a strict diet to keep herself
Read: Shafali Verma Wiki, Biography
Harleen Deol domestic cricket career
Harleen Deol is an Indian cricketer who plays as an all-rounder for the Punjab cricket team in domestic cricket. She made her debut for Punjab in the 2015-16 season of the Women’s Senior One Day Trophy.
Since then, Harleen has been a consistent performer for Punjab in both one-day and T20 cricket. She has scored over 800 runs and taken more than 20 wickets in one-day cricket, and has also scored over 500 runs and taken more than 10 wickets in T20 cricket.
Harleen has also represented India A in several matches, and has been part of the national squad for tours to the West Indies and England. She made her international debut for India in a T20I against South Africa in September 2019.
In the domestic circuit, Harleen is known for her aggressive batting style and her ability to hit big shots. She has also been praised for her fielding skills, and has taken several stunning catches and effecting run-outs on the field.
Overall, Harleen Deol has established herself as one of the rising stars of Indian women’s cricket, and is considered to be a promising talent for the future.
Some interesting things related to Harleen Deol cricket career
here are some interesting things related to Harleen Deol’s cricket career:
- Harleen Deol is the first woman cricketer from Chandigarh to represent India in international cricket.
- In a Women’s T20 Challenge match in 2020, Harleen took a stunning catch at the boundary to dismiss the dangerous Australian cricketer, Alyssa Healy. The catch was widely praised and earned Harleen a lot of appreciation.
- In the same T20 Challenge match, Harleen also scored an unbeaten 27 off just 15 balls, helping her team chase down the target of 125 with an over to spare.
- Harleen’s highest score in one-day cricket is 86, which she scored against Maharashtra in the 2019-20 Women’s Senior One Day Trophy.
- In T20 cricket, Harleen has a strike rate of over 130, which is a testament to her aggressive batting style.
- Harleen is also a part-time off-spinner, and has taken some important wickets for Punjab and India A.
- Harleen has been playing cricket since she was just 8 years old, and has been coached by her father, who is a former cricketer himself.
Read: Smriti Mandhana Wiki Biography
|Net worth||10 Lakh (approx)|
|salary||2023 yet to be uploaded|
|Income||10 Lakh (approx)|
|Source Of Income||Sports|
Honors and Awards to Harleen Deol
Harleen Deol has received several honors and awards for her cricketing performances. Here are some notable ones:
- She was named the Best Under-19 Cricketer (Women) at the 2016 BCCI awards.
- In 2019, Harleen was named in the India B squad for the Women’s T20 Challenge.
- In 2020, Harleen was named in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup squad of the tournament for her impressive fielding skills.
- She was awarded the prestigious Jagmohan Dalmiya Award for Best Domestic Junior Women’s Cricketer at the BCCI Awards in 2020.
- In the same year, Harleen was also named in the Women’s T20 Challenge team of the tournament.
- Harleen was also named in the India Women’s squad for the tour of England in 2021.
- In the inaugural edition of the Hundred tournament in England, Harleen was selected by the Birmingham Phoenix team, becoming the first Indian woman to feature in the competition.
These awards and recognitions are a testament to Harleen’s growing stature as a talented cricketer in the women’s game.
Harleen Deol Favorite Things
|Cricketers||Batsman- MS Dhoni|
Bowler- Shane Warne
Fielder- Sursh Raina